Here’s my quick update on what’s happening in St Barths, as of early November. Discover my personal take on how things are going in St Barths, now that the 2021-2022 season has started. From a wedding with 300 guests at the Eden Rock hotel to the closing of Maya’s restaurant, I go over a few key things that you need to know when you join us for the holiday season.
I recorded it from the deck of our villa Maison Domingue. My apologies for the messy hair, but I was just getting up from a well-deserved Sunday afternoon siesta 😉
My cliff notes:
Events are back in St Barths:
- The monthly local market in Gustavia
- Nov. 10 to 14, 2021 – ST BARTH GOURMET FESTIVAL
- Private Events, such as weddings, are back too. Eden Rock wedding with 300+ guests
New openings still going strong:
- Sin Garden for patisserie (Gustavia)
- Atelier Joel Robuchon (Gustavia)
- Zion in St Jean
- Gyp Sea in St Jean
Missing in action: Maya’s
- Maya’s, the restaurant is closed
- Maya’s To Go, taken over by the Eden Rock team
- No more tests needed in St Maarten (SXM)
- Health pass is officially required; a CDC vaccination card is what you need if you are American.
- Have a mask in your pocket, you may need it.