All around the world, people want to see St Barts airport landing photos. Why? Because they are nothing short of spectacular.
I had already published an article about St Barts landing videos, but I wanted to see what St Barths-related Instagram accounts had to offer.
St. Barts airport has a very short strip, stuck by a steep hill and the beach. It is supposed to be the second most difficult airport strip to land, after Saba. Pilots need a special licence to make it to St. Barths!
A lot of people go to Col de la Tourmente to take amazing photos of planes landing in Saint BarthÃƒÂ©lemy. Here are a few of them.
If you are staying at either my villa BelAmour or my villa Domingue, there is a 90% chance that you will arrive by plane (unless you take the ferry from St. Martin).
joao manuel castro lopes – @joaolopes1966
x8y8 – @x8y8
Victoria Duval – @ruedudragon
Cindy Certain – @cynthiacertain
Spenser Critterton – @spenser95
Dre1caribbean – @dre1caribbean
sbdki – @sbdki
St Barts Airport Landing Photos: A few tips
- Park your car at Col de la Tourmente to get close to the action
- Do not trespass, there are clear warning signs
- Planes may drop a few feet suddenly above your head, it can be quite scary.
- You are not allowed anymore to stand on the beach right at the end of the airport strip.
- You can park across from the gas station to have a good lateral view.
- Another tip: Go the second floor of the airport, there is a large bay window with a great. It is safe and has A/C!